Welcome, welcome! Tell me what you would like to know :)

Helloooo and welcome to my new blog,

I am Jenny Barker, a qualified behaviour consultant and trainer, working with horses, dogs and their pet humans to help manage and resolve behavioural problems (Pet Humans can be real haaaard work I tell ya ;) ) or just to help improve people's relationships with their animals.

I am here because I want to share with you some of my knowledge. I have wanted a platform away from more popular social media (Facebook, instagram, twitter etc) for a while (as it causes me huuuuuuge anxiety hanging out on the platforms) and this space was recommended to me, and after investigation it seems pretty cool so I decided to give it a go.

I qualified as an equine behaviour consultant with the natural animal centre a while back, and have continued professional development by taking part in other courses and CPD activities, and am excited to announce that I have been accepted for a place on a BSc degree in Animal Behaviour and Welfare. I worked in rescue helping to rehabilitate and train, predominantly ponies, but also an array of other species for 3 years. Since Coivd-19 I have expanded to working with dogs and now work on a freelance basis with horses and dogs both locally and digitally through online consults.

I am specifically interested in rescue and rehabilitation, and I am able to offer support and advice on topics such as ethology, behavioural science, learning theory, attachment theory. practical skills for training, enrichment ideas, cooperative care etc.

What I would really like to do is share with you information that you actually want to read about; that's why with this first post I am asking you, the readers, to share your questions about behaviour and training with me, and I will aim to answer them over the following weeks. :)

My business is Feral Hearts: https://www.feralhearts-horses.com (though the website needs updating) and I am based in Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire, UK. However I also offer online consulting and coaching services so if you have any questions for me don't hesitate to contact me, regardless of your location.

 Jen 💙

 

Comments

Popular Posts